The Seaton Sagas

The Seaton Sagas

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Reflections from Spain

Well...now I am home and I am able to reflect on this amazing and crazy trip. I have to say one...I love home and I am glad to be back...but there were so many amazing things there.

Some of the best things were:
  • The slow pace: Even though it drove me crazy...it was good for me to slow down a little, reflect, relax, and spend time with the Lord. (I mean...crazy by...taking 4 hours to eat...because....that is how it is done)
  • Spending time with my cousins and Laura and meeting some really nice German girls that room with Chels and Laura--I miss the time we have together for sure, and that was so great
  • The food was so great...rich, great, interesting and unique.....my favorite being Paella (an amazing rice dish that I will learn how to make)
  • The beautiful Architecture (Not only the city, but the parks, the City of Arts and Sciences, the Cathedrals, the Flats, the Flowers, everything)
  • Celebrating my birthday there with family...fireworks...and fun
  • The Fallas...it made the city crazy...but exciting...I will show the fires below.
  • The Aquarium and The Dolphin Show...so fun
  • Our day in the park...playing four square
  • The Amazing fireworks at night
  • Eating dinner in the flat...love talking
  • Tea Time....3 times a day
Some of my least favorite things:
  • Our Iberia Flight...somewhat nasty...I wouldn't use them...but it was cheap
  • Spanish Men and Women making out everywhere...get a room please
  • Rude people...teenagers the most...but people just shove you and never say sorry
  • Guys peeing in the street
  • Having to watch ever step so a teenager would not throw a Cherry Bomb at my feet to blow up
  • The Bombs...it never was quiet...for the first 5 days (Fireworks...24/7)
but...for sure the good outweigh the bad...I am very different from their culture for sure, my life is fast paced, I like a schedule, I don't sleep until 2 pm each day, and I don't go to bed at 4 am...but hey...like I said, no jet lag. I loved seeing the different culture for sure. I guess that is why God put me in America. :) right???

To end it off...here are the finale pictures of the Burning of the Fallas. Fireworks almost flew inside our flat from the burning of this one. So fun and scary as well.



Well...that is about it...Great Trip...signing off. :)

No comments: