The Seaton Sagas

The Seaton Sagas

Friday, March 14, 2008

Trip to Valencia--Day One

We (my cousin Ash and I) arrived in Valencia at 1:30 pm (about 7:30 am Central time)...we are about 6 hours later than Ark time are just to give you an idea. We dropped all of our luggage off at Chelsea's house and then immediately ....got into action. We went to a thing called a Muscleta today at 2 pm (It happens every day here for the Las Falles Festival and it basically is a lot of fireworks (I mean a lot--sound like Armageddon is coming--so loud for so long). Then we searched a long time for a place to eat....finally just ate at the Pizza place...not the best, but oh well...food is so expensive here....everything is really. But oh well. I got 200 Euros out of the bank today....then thought...yikes...that is 300 dollars...but i have saved about 500 to spend..so I should be okay. ;)Then we came back to their Flat (apt) and hung out. They have two German roomates that are so so so sweet and really funny and very beautiful but so down to earth. We talked for about 2 hours...drank tea...and just had fun...I am super tired so I just took a shower to wake up...they say not to sleep or take a nap till night or you will get Jet Lag...so I hope I can hold on. The flight was really not that bad...6 hours only. But I really couldn't sleep at all...not much room...kind of hot...you know..the works.Then when we got to Madrid...we only had like 45 min to make our connection...which sounds like a lot, but we had to go through Passport check and also security checkpoints like three times and really walk at least 1.5 miles to get there...crazy.Then on the plane to Valencia....the stewardess....somehow dumped the entire drink tray thing....and Orange Juice and Ice went flying on the tiny plane...I was far enough back that nothing happend, but Ash got a good spray of OJ in the face. :) Needless to say, things are great, I am excited to have some down time. Tonight we went to market to cook dinner..I had some amazing conversations with Laura about her walk with God and I was able to share what the Lord was doing in my life as well.....

Pictures of the city of Valencia:


My cousins and I in a park in the city:











The Bull Fighting Arena: (Sad...I know)


No comments: